Become a leading agent for change—and enable your enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when you certify as a SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC). During this four-day course, you’ll learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You will learn how to effectively coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, and empower a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide you with the basis to teach SAFe to others. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in your enterprise.
ANAND MURTHY RAJ
Anand Murthy Raj is a SPCT (SAFe Program Consultant Trainer) and a leader with a vision to bring in great difference and excellence in the organization there by multiplying business/value to achieve greater heights.
Anand is the associate partner of Gladwell Academy in India and is the first SPCT of ASIA.
18 years of experience in the IT industry through which he brought in strong management background and versatile experience in Agile Coaching.
Software Project Management, Support, Operations management, customer management, process management, people management and vendor/partner management.
SPC 4.0, SA, PMI-ACP, CSP, CSM, and PSM-I certified Agile Coach.
Anand has been conducted SAFe Agilist certification training globally to more than 500 professionals in the last 15 months with a pass rate of 99%.
Received the AGILE PROJECT OF THE YEAR 2015 IN IT PRODUCTS” category organized by UNICOM.
Currently working as an Enterprise Agile Coach and transforming Philips Inc into SAFe.
Rich experience in result oriented leadership with a strong record of over achieving the targets/objectives, building application and enterprise product support organization, generating excellence in global culture, enhancing the productivity, generating revenue and brought cost effectiveness, identifying suitable vendors for outsourcing and making them successful and applying creativity to make the difference in management/leadership through analytical and problem solving skills.
Vikas is a transformation practitioner with a passion for applying Lean-Agile principles, behaviors, and practices to enable delivery of business value. He excels at quickly delivering value to businesses, simplifying the seemingly complex, and delighting customers. He is able to achieve these results by consistently building radically prolific, high performing teams while ensuring he looks, listens, and learns before initiating coaching and facilitation. Vikas is a trusted partner, synergist, and change catalyst with a consultative communication style. He is uniquely qualified to unify stakeholders and inspire cross-functional teams to deliver solutions that propel business forward and accelerate business strategies.
As a transformation leader with the ability to foster business and technology partnerships, Vikas offers deep technical expertise coupled with a passion for customer satisfaction. In his work experience, Vikas has had striking success in collaborating across the enterprise to meet critical timelines and outcomes. Blending a leader's technical strengths with business acumen, this visionary and entrepreneur has a history of effectively transforming companies to achieve innovative business goals
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative.
Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Business and Technology Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA and IT management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance Personnel
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence, Agile Working Group
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SPC4 certification exam and operate in the field as a SAFe® Program Consultant.
FOUR-DAY TRAINING PROGRAM
DAY 1 & 2: LEADING SAFE®
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
- Leading a Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Building Large Solutions
DAY 3 & 4: IMPLEMENTING SAFE®
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming an SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
- Exam name – SAFe 4 Program Consultant Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe 4.5 course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
EXAM STUDY MATERIALS
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – A practice test will be available for this exam in 2017
- Sample test – Download questions
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (PDUS) AND SCRUM EDUCATION UNITS (SEUS)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with t
- The Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance